Who is this Course for?
The Course will consist of:
Designed for those interested in garnering the basic skills required to shoot
and edit both documentary style programmes and narrative films.
LIMITED TO 12 PARTICIPANTS ONLY
Week 1 – Technical understanding of the television medium from analogue to digital formats and systems – Technical understanding of camera recording - shooting skill development with one piece cameras – Technical understanding
of sound recording equipment - skill development in using microphones and mixers.
- Understanding PAL / NTSC / Standard Definition / High Definition / Aspect Ratios / Codecs / Compression / File Formats.
- Hand-held shooting techniques and skill development.
- Understanding composition elements and subtext.
- Understanding the audio signals, balanced and unbalanced.
- Demonstrations and practical skill development using sound mixers and microphones to record quality audio on location and in the post-production process.
- Demonstrations in the advanced functioning of broadcast television lenses, including manual iris adjustment for exposure, manual focusing techniques and the use of test equipment to gain broadcast safe exposed video.
Week 2 - Understanding Light and its use in Documentary and Filmmaking. Using camera support systems. Utilizing techniques practiced in Week 1, participants would light and shoot sequences for documentary and narrative film that will be used in week 3 for the editing process.
- Understanding light, colour and the use of lighting equipment..
- Understanding of camera support systems and skill development in their use.
- Skill development in lighting interviews and film scenes.
- Shoot news/documentary picture sequences to be used during week-3 in editing.
- Light and shoot interviews that can be combined during week-3 in editing.
- Understanding scriptwriting formats for documentary and narrative film.
- Crew positions and work flow on a film set.
- Light and shoot a scene from a narrative film that can be used in week-3 in editing.
Week 3 - Post-production editing using Final Cut Pro in our 12-seat Apple Mac laboratory.
The course will be delivered on:
- Introduction of the Interface.
- Digitizing footage.
- Edit sequences & interviews shot in week 2.
- Edit film scene shot in week 2.
Only 12 candidates will be accepted. Note that you are not required to bring any equipment.
- Cameras supplied by MoFORCE Training.
- Mac G5 computer lab using Final Cut Pro.
- Professional Audio & Lighting Equipment.
CERTIFICATES: Participation Certificates are awarded.
COURSE COST: US$2,000 or Ksh Equivalent
COURSE DURATION: 3-weeks
COURSE TIMES: 9:00am for) 9:15am – 4:30pm with a 45-min lunch break (lunch not included).
Admission & Enrolment on first-paid first-served basis.
Contact: Terry, Student Coordinator
Tel: +254 20 4349280 / 2099415, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: www.moforce.com
We reserve the right to cancel the course & fully refund payments should we not receive adequate applications to run the course.